Thursday 19 April 2007

getting serious

I admit, though I've been enjoying reading the book and thinking about it, I haven't really been taking it seriously ... until recently ... since hearing about "framing my day with silence" with 5 minutes of silence at the beginning, and 5 minutes of silence at the end.

What an idea! I don't know why but just the idea of framing of my days really gets to me.

Well, I'm trying. My first "framed" day was two days ago. And it was a surprising experience.

I keep getting pictures and thoughts ... and just to be a bit cryptic, one thought that I keep coming back to is: "I am a tree." I thought I'd quite like to be in a house, and quite like to have a cat, but trees don't belong in houses, nor do they keep cats.

Entonces, my fellow monks, I'm now going wholehog ... apologies for my lack of commitment heretofore!

No comments: