Monday 28 January 2008

sharing god's nature...

read this morning [in my 'good as new' bible] that we are the rightful children of god because we share god's nature. later in the same passage it says that christ is "the one faithful likeness who shares god's nature [and] has shown us what god is like"

when i look at myself, can i truly say that i share god's nature? like christ did/does??

can i honestly say that i even aspire to that in the everyday course of my life...?

my head's down so much of the time, bogged down by mundanity; again, i need to lift up my head and aim higher...
i need to actively work out what it means to share god's nature.



[that's not meant to sound like i'm beating myself up over it btw, more that i'm a bit staggered and excited and possibly a bit daunted at the thought...!]




['so here we are' - bloc party]

No comments: