Wednesday 20 June 2007

Timing

Ey up! Well, we'll be seeing you this evening, but I thought I'd get my 10p's worth in before then. Sorry I missed it last week, was all over the place with tiredness, etc. This week I'm compensating by blogging at 6am!!!

I thought I'd share a bit on timing, as that seems to be something God's nudging me about at the moment. Specifically, learning to WAIT on him/her/them. I'm a right one for presuming I know more than I do about God and all things God-related - part of this is due to being brought up in a very modern church and home environment where God was often pretty much reduced to this set of texts (the Bible and commentaries) whereby you could "prove" almost anything. This had the 2 outcomes of encouraging my arrogance about my knowledge, and dehumanising (depersonalising?) God in my perception and experience.

Thanks to God (and in part to Monks) that's all changing again, and one of the main changes is that I'm learning a little bit of what it means to wait on God. And it is a tiny bit, but it's lovely, because it's very real again, and I don't feel any compulsion to 'prove' it to anyone (least myself) by using the Bible or clever theology.

Anyway, what this boils down to is that I'm realising that just like lots of other people who I know and love, God often has different ways of doing, seeing, saying things than me, and if I want to get on better with him/her/them, then I need to chill out, not be pushy, but ask, and seek, and knock, and wait until God shows, tells, meets me in the way that he/she/they want.

That's it for now. Hope you're all well, and look forward to seeing you tonight :)

James

No comments: